6/19/2007

Mr. Mirikitani

I visited a birthday party for a 87-year-old Japanese American artist.
His name is Mr. Jimmy Mirikitani, who used to be a homeless in Manhattan until Sep. 11, 2001.

""Cats of Mirikitani"is the film which describes his stormy life as a Japanese American and his terning point after 9/11. I knew one of the coproducer and visited this party to celebrate Mr. Mirikitani's birthday and their successful distribution in many cities.

Mr. Mirikitani is going to Japan this August because "Cats of Mirikitani" will be shown in Japan, too. He came to the U.S. before the war. So, how stiring could it be to go back to his original home country after 60 years? I hope that he will enjoy his visiting Japan.

1 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

Hi, thank you for introducing the film. I am looking forward to seeing it when it comes to Japan.

You and your blog teacher inspired me to start an English blog. Please keep up good work :-)

ichi